Want to build a winning streak? Already on one that you don't want to see disrupted by the holidays, or--an even lamer excuse--broken by running out of calendar?
Never fear! I've whipped up a convenient one page 2012 calendar, and I'm publishing it early to make sure you've got plenty of time to get it into place.
Not sure what this is about? No problem--check out my original post. The short version is that having a highly visible calendar that I can check gives me a daily jolt to do do what I need to do to establish better habits. I transform the game from being about putting off what I know I need to do and focus it on building the longest winning streak I can.
- Keep it simple--your criteria for success on any given day should be straightforward and easy to achieve. "I flossed today."
- Put it somewhere visible--you should not be able to evade a daily confrontation with how you're doing. After just a few days in a row, this will be something you're excited to see.
- Keep a pen or marker nearby and don't let it get out of range--if you don't mark your wins, you won't have the visual reinforcement.
- Have lots of extra calendar available--you don't want your streak to die just because it's a new month.
- Don't freak out if a long streak gets broken; now you have a new high score to try to beat!
You can download my 2012 one-page calendar and start your winning streak today.
What are you waiting for?