Dang, it's suddenly turning out to be a great week! In brief:
- After a couple miserable days of near-100-degree temperatures, the weather has cooled off and is now downright awesome.
- Got my monitor back from Apple (no thanks to DHL, who apparently don't even believe in leaving slips at the door when they ignore the "no one will be home between X and Y, please deliver when it will actually make sense to do so" instructions). It's all fixed and happy, and now the cats have a new box to play with. It really is amazing how much better the ACD is than the old 19" monitor I'd been using in its stead...
- I totally aced the infant CPR course we did last night. Plus, since everyone else was either too timid or too cool to do the "say stuff out loud along with the script" part of the training, my long-dormant inner theater geek had an excellent opportunity to ham it up loudly, to the amusement of all. Thought for today: "The scene is safe!"
- We had a major project launch and data conversion that started last night at midnight... and for the first time in forever, I didn't have to do anything to support it. No being online from home, no camping out in the office, no having to monkey with it in the morning, nothing. After seven years of driving in at two or three in the morning, I can't describe how great that feels to just not have to worry about it. :-)
- Liz kicked ass on her most recent papers! You go, girl!
- The window's open, the sunset was lovely, the breeze is delightful, good music on the ol' MP3 player, and a cold beer. Ahhh, bliss.
I'm not entirely sure whether recent events are karma's equivalent of the cash-back bonus, or if I've just taken out a karma-equity loan that'll eventually catch up to me, but for now I'm just going to enjoy feeling happy.
- Mood: happy
- Music: Goo Goo Dolls - "Black Balloon"