Reasons for my switch include (in no particular order):
- Email access over SSH
- HTTPS for their webmail client
- SpamAssassin is just a checkbox away!
- Can publish website changes using rsync and SSH instead of the ftp/cleartext method I was using with Gemstream
- Gets all my hosting back onto one provider
- Excellent support for Python web apps: Django, TurboGears, Zope, Plone, etc. This is not critical right this second, but as soon as TurboGears gets around to having a "stable" release, I will finally get around to building something in it. Webfaction's control panel makes it a breeze to deploy these things.
- Free hosting for trac/subversion and open-source Python projects (very good for their karma)
- 50% of TurboGears hosting profits go back to the TurboGears project
- Responsive, polite and clueful answers to questions
So... As far as I can tell, everything now works right. Please shout if something seems amiss.
- Mood: pleased
- Music: Peter Gabriel - "Perspective"