We finally attended one of Greenhouse Tavern's pop-up restaurant events, Brauhaus in a Beer Garden, and were simply blown away by the awesomeness of the evening. A collaboration with Chef Jeremy Nolen of Brauhaus Schmitz, this culinary adventure brought us outstanding beer and round after round of mind-blowing small plates. We delighted to:
- Laugenbrezel mit Obatzda - soft pretzel, Bavarian cheese spread, salted white radishes
- Stopfleberwurst - foie gras liverwurst, pickled black grapes, rye bread
- Kalbsbries Schnitzel - Sweetbread Schnitzel, quail egg, anchovy-caper vinaigrette, buckwheat spätzle
- Entenbratwurst mit Sauerkraut - duck & smoked barley malt sausage, duck cracklin (aka "crispy duck bacon", OMG), savoy cabbage sauerkraut, spicy beer mustard
- Himmel und Äd aka "Heaven and Earth" - blood sausage, celery root-apple puree, Tavern beer vinegar gastrique
The surprising Indian summer weather made for perfect conditions on the rooftop at Greenhouse Tavern, and so (yet again) I had a great opportunity to shoot a lot with the 35mm. I really struggled to pic a favorite from the set--I have about a dozen that I really love!--but there's something about this one of Chef Sawyer looking out from the rooftop of his restaurant, enjoying the crowd and energized by his success, that speaks to me.
66 days to go!