I must have been stressing a lot lately, because the last couple of weeks seem awfully irresponsible of me, from a converting-the-equity-of-my-labor-into-u
Looking back over the past couple of weeks, the following essentially useless but entertaining crap has entered my life:
Trip to Stratford, Ontario
- "MacStew" apron (complete with recipe for "toil and trouble"--it's a Shakespeare thing, you see) for aquamindy
- Rasputina's Lost & Found on CD
- BeatleJazz volumes one and two on CD (a pleasant accompaniment to a bottle of wine)
- A CD for my father for Christmas
- Assorted very cool children's books
I was having an incredibly shit work week between returning from Stratford and leaving for California...
- The Cure's new The Cure on CD (the US version; I'll probably acquire the UK or Japanese edition later on)
- Concrete Blonde's new album, Mojave (which is satisfyingly excellent)
- Three pairs of socks! (Brown ones!)
- Two relatively nice-yet-casual button-down shirts (I am becoming a (well-dressed) whore for The Gap, please kill me NOW!)
- Casual grey zip-uppy thing also from Gap; aquamindy says it looks cute on me, and it was on sale too, so... yeah, that's justified, right?
- Part of an anniversary gift for aquamindy from the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- VNV Nation's Pastperfect, a 3-disc DVD set of concert video, interviews, shenanagins, and various wicked-cool stuff. I don't feel guilty in the slightest about buying this, because it's just too fucking cool.
- A used copy of Morrowind for the X-Box--a "game of the year" for just $12!
- Two (formerly?) out-of-print Criterion DVD's (that seem to be back in print again, so much for feeling like I found some treasures), M. Hulot's Holiday and Mon Oncle
- Cheapass Games! I got:
The Despair of Being Alone In Cleveland For A Week
I had to run to the grocery store for food, and to Bed, Bath & Beyond for replacement razor blade parts (electric weasels ripped my flesh), so I just HAD to go to Borders to console myself in my loneliness...
- Isaac Asimov's Foundation's Edge, as I had just finished the first three Foundation books
- Dan Simmons' Ilium, which I have been dying to read for some time
But the pièce de résistance arrived in this week's mail...
Ladies and gents, I give you... the world's best Linux shirt! With the mighty powers of this 100% cotton marvel, I can be two different kinds of geek at the same time! Will wonders never cease??
Please keep Fight Club references to yourselves; I am just fine with being owned by my posessions, thank you ever so much.
- Mood: spendy
- Music: The Cure - "Never"